Stop dying day by day - Quit smoking

in Quit-smoking

Most smokers are aware of the side effects of smoking but they still continue to smoke. This is partly because of lack of will power and partly because of lack of proper smoking cessation tips, aids and support. Studies show that most smokers who try to quit smoking are not mentally prepared for it and this leads to failure. Parents, children and friends, on one hand try to keep you away from this habit but on other hand are unable to help you cope with cessation. A lot of first attempt quitters feel lost and alone when they quit smoking and this makes them come back to this deadly habit, the most preventable cause of premature death all over the world.

If you want to quit smoking, you should read this article and decide for yourself, if you really want to change your life or just die day by day. Cigarette smoke contains around 4000 chemical compounds, out of which 200 are extremely poisonous and 23 are carcinogens. These harmful chemicals are responsible for causing a host of health conditions, which not only damage the smokers body but also of the ones around him/her. Only 15% of the smoke from a cigarette is inhaled, the other 85% if let out in the atmosphere for others. Your family members and friends are at a high risk of cancer as well and the smoker is responsible for it. The risk of coronary artery disease and peripheral artery disease increases considerably amongst smokers. Statistics show that more than 50% of smokers will die of a smoking-related cause.

Stop smoking cigarettes

If you are serious about quitting, you should consider the following tips for stopping:

  • Choose a date when you will quit and ensure that you do not delay executing the most positive decision of your life.
  • Analyze the reasons you smoke and try to overcome them. Substitute smoking for other activities such as drinking tea, reading, driving and working.
  • Change the place where you keep cigarettes. If you are right handed, smoke with your left hand and vice versa.
  • Control yourself whenever you want a cigarette. This will help you have better self control and reduce the pleasure you get from smoking, which will help you in quitting.
  • Buy only one pack of cigarettes at a time and buy a brand that you do not like.
  • Try using effective quit smoking aids such as Champix, which have helped thousands of men quit smoking.

Champix

Varenicline, commercially sold as Champix, is an oral prescription medications that is used by smokers in quitting smoking. It works mainly in two ways. First is by reducing the nicotine cravings by binding the receptors in the brain that respond to use of nicotine and by reducing the withdrawal symptoms. Secondly, Champix reduces the pleasure received by the smokers on smoking a cigarette. If you are really serious about quitting, try Champix once.

 

Author Box
Anthony Delar has 1 articles online
Add New Comment

Stop dying day by day - Quit smoking

Log in or Create Account to post a comment.
     
*
*
Security Code: Captcha Image Change Image
This article was published on 2010/12/15